This special series on Training and Education in Thoracic Surgery: the European Perspective is co-edited by Dr. Francesco Guerrera, from Università Degli Studi di Torino, Turin, Italy; and Dr. Anna E. Frick, from Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria.
Francesco Guerrera, MD
Department of Surgical Sciences, Università Degli Studi di Torino, Turin, Italy
Dr. Francesco Guerrera is Consultant Thoracic Surgeon at Torino University Hospital, in Torino (Italy). He is also Ph.D. Candidate in Bioengineering and Medical-Surgical Sciences at Politecnico di Torino and the University of Torino, in Torino (Italy). He was a clinical fellow at the Thoracic Surgery Departments of the Strasbourg University Hospital in Strasbourg, France.
He has published or co-authored over 90 papers in peer-reviewed journals, and he is also a reviewer of many scientific journals.
Anna E. Frick
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Dr. Anna Elisabeth Frick is Consultant Thoracic Surgeon at Medical University of Vienna in Vienna, Austria. She is a Ph.D. Candidate in Biomedical Sciences at the University of Leuven in Leuven, Belgium. She was a clinical fellow at the Thoracic Surgery Department of the University of Leuven in Leuven, Belgium.
She has published or co-authored papers in peer-reviewed journals, and she was also for 2 years the Trainee representative of the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- Difficulties in Learning/Teaching Different Subspeciualities
- Simulation in Thoracic Surgery
- Training in Thoracic Surgery within Europe - the Different Pathways
- Does Working Hour Limitation Has an Impact on the Surgical Training?
- The Impact of Pandemic Covid-19 on Surgical Training
- Open Surgery vs VATS Teaching
- Device and Technology Helping Teaching Thoracic Surgery
- Ph.D. Experience During Residency
- Experience of a Fellowship Outside of Europe
- Experience of a Fellowship in Europe
- The Advantages of European Accreditation in Thoracic Surgery
- Motherhood, Family and Thoracic Surgery - Multitasking During Residency
- Challenges Through Brexit with a Fellowship in UK
The series “Training and Education in Thoracic Surgery: the European Perspective” was commissioned by the editorial office, AME Surgical Journal without any sponsorship or funding. Francesco Guerrera and Anna E. Frick are serving as the unpaid Guest Editors for the series.